Andona will once again be walking in the Andover Firefighter’s Santa Parade. The parade will be held on Sunday, December 1st and begins at 1PM at Doherty Middle School. The route will be extended this year and the parade will include a rolling Toys for Tots collection. Come join the fun!
The Andona Society would like to thank everyone who contributed to our fall fundraiser to make it a huge success! We raised almost $15,000 – all of which will be donated back to the youth of Andover.
The Table and Ad Sponsors
The Silent Auction Donors
The Raffle Donor
The guests who came out for a fun night!
The first Andona general meeting of the year was a big success. The membership voted to approved the following fund requests:
- $2800 to the All Town Cultural Committee to support the theater and puppetry group, “Behind the Mask” for all Andover elementary schools (Grades K-5)
- $500 to AHS Girls Basketball to suport the hiring of an assistant coach.
- $500 to Optima Synchro Club (a newly formed synchronized swim team) to assist with the purchase an underwater speaker system.
The Andona Society will once again be participating in Andover Day. The event will be held on Saturday, September 7th beginning at 10AM. Andona’s tent will be located on the corner of Chestnut and Main Streets, across from CVS. Stop by to hear more about what Andona does to support the community and enter in a raffle for a chance to win tickets to our Fall Event “A Night of Music with Jim Plunkett”!
Andona donated over $50,000 to Andover schools, teams, and youth organizations during the 2011-12 fiscal year. This amount includes five $2,000 scholarships for Andover High School seniors, over $17,000 in camperships that allow children of families in need to attend camp in Andover and almost $28,000 for cultural, sports & social activities. Andona donated money to the following groups:
- A Better Chance Program (ABC)
- AHS Art Club
- AHS Boys and Girls Ultimate Frisbee
- AHS Boys’ Swim and Dive Team
- AHS Boys’ Varsity Baseball Team
- AHS Boys’ Volleyball Team
- AHS Girls’ Gymnastics Team
- AHS Girls’ Varsity Basketball Team
- AHS Marching Band
- AHS Science Department
- AHS Softball Team
- All Town Cultural Committee
- American Legion Baseball
- Andover Boys’ Soccer Boosters
- Andover Vocal Music Association
- Ballardvale Preschool
- Bancroft Elementary
- Destination Imagination
- Doherty Middle School Solar Project
- Essex Art Center
- High Plain Elementary
- Memorial Hall Library
- Sanborn Elementary
- Senior Safari
- Shawsheen Elementary
- South Elementary
- Special Olympics Golden Eagle Basketball
- West Elementary School
- West Middle School’s W.E.B. program