Eszter Vajda recently interviewed a few of our Board members to discuss Andona, Clown Town, and what it means to be a part of this amazing group of women. Enjoy!
Mark your calendars! Andona’s Clown Town will be here before you know it.
Friday May 16th, 6-10pm
Saturday May 17th, 10am-8pm.
Rides, games, face painting, yard sale, food and drinks and more! Clown Town is Andona’s largest fundraiser of the year. Last year, we raised over $30,000 at Clown Town and all proceeds go back to the children of Andover.
See you there!
The good folks over at Stop&Shop have donated $1500 to Andona becoming our first Clown Town sponsor! Special thanks to Joe Manganaro, Andover’s store manager, who helped make it happen.
From left to right: Liz Bonner, Melissa Litton, Missy Blanch, Lisa Kole, Jennifer Sloan, Trevor Mercier, Chris McMullen, and Fran Devereaux.
- 1250 to South Elementary School for snow shoes and compasses for PE class and before/after school programs
- $1250 to West Elementary School to bring Michael LaFosse, an origami master and storyteller, to the WERAWC program
- $500 to Andover High School Girls Lacrosse team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Soccer team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Lacrosse team for program expenses
- $500 to the Andover High School Drama Guild for their six week Shakespeare & Co residency
- $500 to the Andover High School’s Student 2 Student mentoring program
- $500 to Andover High School’s Challenge Day
- TOTAL = $5500
All of us at The Andona Society would like to wish everyone a happy, safe and healthy 2014!
Andona will once again be walking in the Andover Firefighter’s Santa Parade. The parade will be held on Sunday, December 1st and begins at 1PM at Doherty Middle School. The route will be extended this year and the parade will include a rolling Toys for Tots collection. Come join the fun!
The Andona Society would like to thank everyone who contributed to our fall fundraiser to make it a huge success! We raised almost $15,000 – all of which will be donated back to the youth of Andover.
The Table and Ad Sponsors
The Silent Auction Donors
The Raffle Donor
The guests who came out for a fun night!
The first Andona general meeting of the year was a big success. The membership voted to approved the following fund requests:
- $2800 to the All Town Cultural Committee to support the theater and puppetry group, “Behind the Mask” for all Andover elementary schools (Grades K-5)
- $500 to AHS Girls Basketball to suport the hiring of an assistant coach.
- $500 to Optima Synchro Club (a newly formed synchronized swim team) to assist with the purchase an underwater speaker system.
The Andona Society will once again be participating in Andover Day. The event will be held on Saturday, September 7th beginning at 10AM. Andona’s tent will be located on the corner of Chestnut and Main Streets, across from CVS. Stop by to hear more about what Andona does to support the community and enter in a raffle for a chance to win tickets to our Fall Event “A Night of Music with Jim Plunkett”!