The Andona membership approved $6,400 in grants to the following organizations:
- AHS Marching Band: $500
- Doherty MS: $500
- AHS Ultimate Frisbee: $1000
- Trauma Intervention Program of Merrimack Valley (TIP): $500
- Challenge Me, Inc. (Destination Imagination): $600
- Memorial Hall Library: $1300
- Wood Hill MS: $500
- AHS Swim and Dive: $500
- AHS Senior Safari: $500
- American Legion Baseball: $500
This past week The Andona Society awarded $2,000 scholarships to five deserving Andover High School seniors. Pictured below from left to right are Lisa Kole, Andona President; Mary Beth Sweeney-Vecchio, Andona Scholarship Chair; Lauren Grant; Meghan Buggy; Julia Gouveia; and Steven Kimball. Lindsay Rosen, who couldn’t make the awards ceremony also received a scholarship.
Eszter Vajda recently interviewed a few of our Board members to discuss Andona, Clown Town, and what it means to be a part of this amazing group of women. Enjoy!
Mark your calendars! Andona’s Clown Town will be here before you know it.
Friday May 16th, 6-10pm
Saturday May 17th, 10am-8pm.
Rides, games, face painting, yard sale, food and drinks and more! Clown Town is Andona’s largest fundraiser of the year. Last year, we raised over $30,000 at Clown Town and all proceeds go back to the children of Andover.
See you there!
Posted in Events
Tagged Clown Town
The good folks over at Stop&Shop have donated $1500 to Andona becoming our first Clown Town sponsor! Special thanks to Joe Manganaro, Andover’s store manager, who helped make it happen.
From left to right: Liz Bonner, Melissa Litton, Missy Blanch, Lisa Kole, Jennifer Sloan, Trevor Mercier, Chris McMullen, and Fran Devereaux.
Our membership met last week and approved the following fund requests:
- 1250 to South Elementary School for snow shoes and compasses for PE class and before/after school programs
- $1250 to West Elementary School to bring Michael LaFosse, an origami master and storyteller, to the WERAWC program
- $500 to Andover High School Girls Lacrosse team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Soccer team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Lacrosse team for program expenses
- $500 to the Andover High School Drama Guild for their six week Shakespeare & Co residency
- $500 to the Andover High School’s Student 2 Student mentoring program
- $500 to Andover High School’s Challenge Day
- TOTAL = $5500
All of us at The Andona Society would like to wish everyone a happy, safe and healthy 2014!
Andona will once again be walking in the Andover Firefighter’s Santa Parade. The parade will be held on Sunday, December 1st and begins at 1PM at Doherty Middle School. The route will be extended this year and the parade will include a rolling Toys for Tots collection. Come join the fun!
The Andona Society would like to thank everyone who contributed to our fall fundraiser to make it a huge success! We raised almost $15,000 – all of which will be donated back to the youth of Andover.
The Table and Ad Sponsors
The Silent Auction Donors
The Raffle Donor
The guests who came out for a fun night!
Posted in Events
Tagged 2013, events
The first Andona general meeting of the year was a big success. The membership voted to approved the following fund requests:
- $2800 to the All Town Cultural Committee to support the theater and puppetry group, “Behind the Mask” for all Andover elementary schools (Grades K-5)
- $500 to AHS Girls Basketball to suport the hiring of an assistant coach.
- $500 to Optima Synchro Club (a newly formed synchronized swim team) to assist with the purchase an underwater speaker system.