Special thanks to our sponsors Dr. Energy Saver, Fred C. Church Insurance, Giordano & Lem Orthodontics, and Total Basement Finishing!
Friday, October 17th, 7:30 to Midnight
Hillview Country Club, North St, North Reading
Enjoy a night of fun, German-inspired light fare, friendly competitions, an amazing Silent Auction, dancing to Random Acts, and more!
The schedule looks like this:
7:30PM- Doors Open
7:30-8:30PM- Beer Tasting
7:30-9:30PM- Silent Auction
8:30-9:30 Random Acts
9:30-10PM- Friendly Competitions
10:15-Midnight Random Acts
12:Midnight- Good Night and Drive Safe!
$30/person by check; $31/person by PayPal
Checks can be made payable to Andona and sent to:
1 Trombly Court
Andover MA 01810
To pay with PayPal, choose the number of tickets and click the Buy Now button below.
The Andona membership approved $6,000 in grants last week to the following organizations:
- AHS Girls Basketball Boosters $500
- All Town Cultural Committee – $3,000
- My Own Voice – $1,000
- West Middle School – $1,500
The Andona Society will once again be participating in Andover Day. The event will be held on Saturday, September 6th beginning at 10AM. Stop by our tent on Main St. to hear more about what Andona does to support the community and enter in a raffle for a chance to win tickets to our fall Oktoberfest celebration.
Posted in Events
Tagged 2014, events
The Andona membership approved $6,400 in grants to the following organizations:
- AHS Marching Band: $500
- Doherty MS: $500
- AHS Ultimate Frisbee: $1000
- Trauma Intervention Program of Merrimack Valley (TIP): $500
- Challenge Me, Inc. (Destination Imagination): $600
- Memorial Hall Library: $1300
- Wood Hill MS: $500
- AHS Swim and Dive: $500
- AHS Senior Safari: $500
- American Legion Baseball: $500
This past week The Andona Society awarded $2,000 scholarships to five deserving Andover High School seniors. Pictured below from left to right are Lisa Kole, Andona President; Mary Beth Sweeney-Vecchio, Andona Scholarship Chair; Lauren Grant; Meghan Buggy; Julia Gouveia; and Steven Kimball. Lindsay Rosen, who couldn’t make the awards ceremony also received a scholarship.
Eszter Vajda recently interviewed a few of our Board members to discuss Andona, Clown Town, and what it means to be a part of this amazing group of women. Enjoy!
Mark your calendars! Andona’s Clown Town will be here before you know it.
Friday May 16th, 6-10pm
Saturday May 17th, 10am-8pm.
Rides, games, face painting, yard sale, food and drinks and more! Clown Town is Andona’s largest fundraiser of the year. Last year, we raised over $30,000 at Clown Town and all proceeds go back to the children of Andover.
See you there!
Posted in Events
Tagged Clown Town
The good folks over at Stop&Shop have donated $1500 to Andona becoming our first Clown Town sponsor! Special thanks to Joe Manganaro, Andover’s store manager, who helped make it happen.
From left to right: Liz Bonner, Melissa Litton, Missy Blanch, Lisa Kole, Jennifer Sloan, Trevor Mercier, Chris McMullen, and Fran Devereaux.
Our membership met last week and approved the following fund requests:
- 1250 to South Elementary School for snow shoes and compasses for PE class and before/after school programs
- $1250 to West Elementary School to bring Michael LaFosse, an origami master and storyteller, to the WERAWC program
- $500 to Andover High School Girls Lacrosse team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Soccer team for uniforms
- $500 to Andover High School Boys Lacrosse team for program expenses
- $500 to the Andover High School Drama Guild for their six week Shakespeare & Co residency
- $500 to the Andover High School’s Student 2 Student mentoring program
- $500 to Andover High School’s Challenge Day
- TOTAL = $5500