Andona will once again be walking in the Andover Firefighter’s Santa Parade. The parade will be held on Sunday, November 30th and begins at 3PM to coincide with Andover’s “Holiday Happenings” festivities. After the parade, you can stay for the tree lighting and holiday stroll later in the evening.
Andona would like to thank all of you who came to our fall fundraiser, Oktoberfest! We made close to $9,000 – all of which will go back to supporting the educational, cultural, and athletic needs of Andover’s youth.
We would like to extend a special thanks to our event sponsors:
Special thanks to our sponsors Dr. Energy Saver, Fred C. Church Insurance, Giordano & Lem Orthodontics, and Total Basement Finishing!
Friday, October 17th, 7:30 to Midnight
Hillview Country Club, North St, North Reading
Enjoy a night of fun, German-inspired light fare, friendly competitions, an amazing Silent Auction, dancing to Random Acts, and more!
The schedule looks like this:
7:30PM- Doors Open
7:30-8:30PM- Beer Tasting
7:30-9:30PM- Silent Auction
8:30-9:30 Random Acts
9:30-10PM- Friendly Competitions
10:15-Midnight Random Acts
12:Midnight- Good Night and Drive Safe!
$30/person by check; $31/person by PayPal
Checks can be made payable to Andona and sent to:
1 Trombly Court
Andover MA 01810
To pay with PayPal, choose the number of tickets and click the Buy Now button below.
The Andona membership approved $6,000 in grants last week to the following organizations:
- AHS Girls Basketball Boosters $500
- All Town Cultural Committee – $3,000
- My Own Voice – $1,000
- West Middle School – $1,500
- Thanks to everyone who braved the extreme heat on Saturday and visited the Andona booth on Andover Day. We look forward to seeing some of you as new members at our next General Meeting at Marland Place on Sept. 22nd at 7pm.
- Registration for Andona’s popular Babysitting course opens tomorrow, September 10th.
- Please join us at our fall event, Oktoberfest, to be held Friday, October 17th at Hilllview Country Club in North Reading. Festivities begin at 7:30 pm.
The Andona Society will once again be participating in Andover Day. The event will be held on Saturday, September 6th beginning at 10AM. Stop by our tent on Main St. to hear more about what Andona does to support the community and enter in a raffle for a chance to win tickets to our fall Oktoberfest celebration.
The Andona membership approved $6,400 in grants to the following organizations:
- AHS Marching Band: $500
- Doherty MS: $500
- AHS Ultimate Frisbee: $1000
- Trauma Intervention Program of Merrimack Valley (TIP): $500
- Challenge Me, Inc. (Destination Imagination): $600
- Memorial Hall Library: $1300
- Wood Hill MS: $500
- AHS Swim and Dive: $500
- AHS Senior Safari: $500
- American Legion Baseball: $500
This past week The Andona Society awarded $2,000 scholarships to five deserving Andover High School seniors. Pictured below from left to right are Lisa Kole, Andona President; Mary Beth Sweeney-Vecchio, Andona Scholarship Chair; Lauren Grant; Meghan Buggy; Julia Gouveia; and Steven Kimball. Lindsay Rosen, who couldn’t make the awards ceremony also received a scholarship.
Eszter Vajda recently interviewed a few of our Board members to discuss Andona, Clown Town, and what it means to be a part of this amazing group of women. Enjoy!
Mark your calendars! Andona’s Clown Town will be here before you know it.
Friday May 16th, 6-10pm
Saturday May 17th, 10am-8pm.
Rides, games, face painting, yard sale, food and drinks and more! Clown Town is Andona’s largest fundraiser of the year. Last year, we raised over $30,000 at Clown Town and all proceeds go back to the children of Andover.
See you there!